Monday, May 17, 2010

Warsaw Zoo

Ok, for all you who were deeply touched by the warsaw zoo movie, i would appreciate any comments from you guys.
also, if you want to watch it with hebrew subtitles click THIS
Begin posting please!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mr. Kuntz and Elizabeth,

    I received your e-mail today. It went from Abraham Lincoln Elementary School to Israel and then back to us in Daytona Beach, Florida. I would say it made it all the way around the world.

    I always appreciate hearing how much Safe Haven means to students who have watched it. If you ever go to the Warsaw Zoo, you can watch it in Polish. If you want to see it with Hebrew subtitles, click on this link:

    http://docu.nana10.co.il/Article/?ArticleID=631029&TypeID=1&sid=186

    I have just finished working on a campy horror movie called Astro Zombies M3: Cloned. It premiered last month in Las Vegas, and will open here in Florida next month on June 19th. After I attend the Florida premiere, I will take a little vacation because filmmaking is really a lot of work -- seven days a week from September until this month.

    Meanwhile, here are some books that are great if you are interested in the Holocaust. The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman tells the Warsaw Zoo story in more detail than we could put on film. And yes, I too was very sad about what happened to the animals as well as the people.

    The Twentieth Train is another good book about a transport train to Auschwitz that was attacked by partisans. Claire Soria, who was in our Holocaust documentary Deliver Us From Evil, was reading it a few months ago and discovered her mother's name on the transport manifest in the back of the book. Without knowing it, Claire had been reading about her own mother's last train ride to the concentration camp where she died.

    So thanks again, Mr Kuntz, Elizabeth, and all of the students in class for taking the time to reflect upon the Holocaust while watching our film. I hope you listened to Jan Zabinski's message when he was asked why he risked his life and the lives of his family to hide Jewish people at the zoo: "We did it because it was the right thing to do."

    All the best,

    Gary Lester, Director
    Blue Heron International Pictures LLC
    www.blueheronpix.com

    ReplyDelete